Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Searching for a song

I have a song stuck in my head. Seriously. S-T-U-C-K.
I hear it several times a month.
And yet, I haven't heard it FOR REAL since I was a little girl.

I have been searching through Google and other search engines for years, on and off, in hopes that someday I'd strike gold. Unfortunately, I only remember about half of the chorus, so that sort of hinders my search.

These are the words I remember and have been searching on:
[You're] halfway up your rainbow girl by now
Way too high to find your way back down
Girl I'm gonna miss ya but I wouldn't go with ya
No no...

But tonight I found some hope! Apparently my dad and I are not the only two people on earth who remember this song!!
This site: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Oldies-2943/f_4401444.htm shows that a few other people recall, as does this one: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Discuss:Who_wrote_or_recorded_a_60's_song_'red_green_yellow_and_blue'
and this one: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Oldies-2943/searching-song-title-artist-1.htm (although this is just kind of "cheater" because it appears to be from the same expert as #1...)

And from these sites and searches...I FOUND IT ON eBAY!!!!
But Boo Hoo, I have no record player on which to play this 45. As Chip says, it would probably be easier for me to find a record player than find this album again. So I'm waiting patiently...kind of. Any of you three readers out there know where I might be able to listen to this treasure? Or do you have any good lyrics stories yourself? If some song's bugging you - even if you only know a few words - Google is amazing!

No comments: