Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Monday, May 28, 2007
I wish I had gotten a picture of them eating the elephant ear, but alas, I was too busy eating some myself to grab the camera. Sean loved it and got totally sticky. M* tried one tiny bite and declared that she didn't like it. I think that's the real issue with taking her places; I mean, who can trust a kid who doesn't like elephant ears?!?
On a side note, Sophie's making great progress in the crawling area. Yesterday she made two "steps" on her own, and today she's just too cranky to try, but she's at least still getting up on her knees. You can't even try setting her down on her belly now - she goes straight to the "all fours" position! I'll keep you posted (and on the tooth that I'm sure must be making her cranky)...
In the meantime, though, here's my favorite picture of her for today:
Friday, May 25, 2007
Friday, May 18, 2007
Tug, tug, tug...hmmm...Sean, you seem to be on an all-girl team, here. What's up with that?
Monday, May 14, 2007
1. What is a question that people ask you that always gets on your nerves?
Can't think of any recent ones...maybe "when are you gonna have kids?" about 8 years ago.
2. Name something you have in common with all your siblings.
I'm sure there's something besides the parentage...maybe our off-beat sense of humor?
(the Beret the guy lost!...)
3. What is the greatest amount of physical pain you have ever endured?
Probably recieving the epidural when Sean was refusing to be born...and I was having contractions every 30 seconds
4. What number of alcoholic drinks constitutes your limit? red koolaid - 1/2; actual alcohol...1 or 2
5. Do you fold your underwear? Have to admit that I do...wouldn't fit in the drawer otherwise
6. Who is the last person you wrote a letter to? I think it was either Yolonda or Diane; maybe it was Fred, though...
7. Ever fired a gun before? water variety only
8. What are your favorite flowers? lilies or orchards for their shape and color, lilacs for their scent
9. What was your favorite childhood toy? mandy doll, barbies, and paddington bear
10. Name a sound that disturbs you. I hate hearing my babies cry in pain
11. Name something random that you would never do. Kiss a toad
12. Name a person whose diary you would love to read. Jessica's :)
13. Have you ever had the same dream more than once? sure have
14. Name a song that makes you sentimental. Music Box Dancer and Noah (MW Smith) t name a couple
15. Name something that made you laugh this week. Sean's Saturday response to my question about having a good day and no fits (see May 12 blog)
16. How old were you when you received your first real [*good] kiss? My sophomore year, so I was 15.
17. If you could change lives with any celebrity who would it be? Amy Grant
18. What's your favorite holiday? Christmas season, but more from my growing up years than now
19. What is on your refrigerator door? all kinds of magnets, photos, and pictures Sean has colored (and a treasured Valentine that says I'm the best teacher ever!)
20. Name the closest thing to you that is green. one of Sophie's outfits that I haven't put in her drawer yet
21. If someone who didn't know you had to guess your name, what would they guess? Ruth?
22. Name something you have to do tomorrow. teach Sarah, feed Sophie about 20 times
23. Name a movie you are looking forward to watching. Not much of a movie fanatic, so I don't even know what's coming up. Maybe watching the Fiddler on the Roof DVD I bought 6 months ago finally!
24. Have you ever called 911? a couple of times, actually! The most interesting time was when I had to call because a farmer down our road had his tractor blade thingys up too high and he wrapped our electric wire around them.
25. Name something you've heard about women that tends to be true. We are catty
26. Favorite fast food restaurant? Taco Bell
27. Name one thing that [made you mad] today. The total ineffectiveness of me in general (see future blog)
28. Do you like riding roller coasters? nah, I'm pretty much a Gemini Jr kind of gal, although the Iron Dragon (wimpy though it is) is one of my all-time favorites
29. What are the next 3 things you're going to purchase? bread, gas, and perhaps some diapers
30. What is your favorite perfume/cologne? Bath and Body Works sprays
31. Where would your Favorite vacation spot be? Somewhere near the water...Silver Lake MI or somewhere on a coast in FL, probably
(this picture is from my first year at the lake, and this one is from Sophie's 1st 24 hours...believe it or not, it's pretty much the best recent picture of me)
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? yes. the mean librarian (says Mom) and Grandma Kate (says Dad)
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? today, a little...
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? kind of, sometimes
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? ham salad from HoneyBaked Ham
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? yep, two adorable here and two adorable elsewhere...
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? maybe
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM ALOT? ya think?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? yep
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? no way!
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? fruity pebbles, oatmeal, and honey bunches of oats
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? shoes still have laces?
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG ? maybe...
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? loaded chocolate brownie
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? their gender...usually
15. RED OR PINK? pink roses, red cars
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?many a thing
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? voices of the past
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? blue jean shorts, white sandals
20.WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? cookie dough ice cream
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? noise from the highway and Sean giggling while creating his newest homework masterpiece
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? something blah, maybe beige?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? bread and yeasty stuff baking, air after the rain, hawaiian-type scents
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Carol, I think
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? very much
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? NASCAR because it helps me sleep and the Olympics - summer or winter, doesn't matter
27. HAIR COLOR? dishwater blah brown
28. EYE COLOR? hazel
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? no
30. FAVORITE FOOD? that which I do not have to cook
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? happy endings!!!
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? 1/2 of Spiderman (I), Monsters Inc.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? red, white, and BLACK
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? summer
35. HUGS OR KISSES? hugs, mostly
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? bread pudding
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? haven't started a new one, but plan to read a Karen Kingsbury series soon, once I have a few free minutes
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? besides our mouse, a picture of Sean (and sometimes Sophie's mouth, because she loves to chew on it!)
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? Red Wings Hockey - GO WINGS!
42. FAVORITE SOUND? music, the ocean
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? bach or ac/dc. Depends on the mood.
44. WHAT IS THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Orlando, FL or Arlington, TX
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? wouldn't you like to know?
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? East GR, MI
Saturday, May 12, 2007
This morning, after a very long evening of fighting with Sean, I asked him if we were going to have a good day without any fights. He said, "Maybe just one little fit." I laughed, and he got indignant and said, "I said just ONE!" Yep. Sure.
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
I haven't written in a while because we've had lots of company and plans (can you believe it?!?).
On Saturday we saw some great friends who, for various reasons, I haven't seen in a year and a half, and Chip hasn't seen in almost a year. We need to get together with them more often! They are great fun. :)
On Sunday, Lisa and 4 kids came down to pick up the 5th, who had been staying with us for a week. Here are a couple of pictures (from last Sunday, too)...most of them were too busy playing to stop for a pose, but Sophie and Aubrey were fascinated with each other!
I wish I had some more pictures, because they were mostly adorable together, and Austin is so cute! He understands so much, and he is really good at answering yes/no questions. He can put such inflection into his "yes"es...it's very endearing. The next picture is one of the kids at Easter because I want to put all of their pictures on, but I didn't get them all last Sunday. Maybe I'll be able to get more on Mother's Day.
From left to right: Danielle, Aubrey, JJ, Austin, and Kesia.
JJ stayed with us for the week. I thought she'd have fun with our temporary neighbors and Sarah. She had fun with the neighbor, and intermittently had fun with Sarah, but she's more of a loner than I had seen before. I hope it wasn't because she wasn't having any fun! She loved riding my bike around, but kept saying she could never get used to living here (God love her, I'm glad!! LOL!). I hope the TV in her bedroom, many library books, Celina, and ample food supply kept her happy enough. I would like to take turns with the others sometime, after a nice break!
Thursday, May 3, 2007
- Chip has an interview for a job in Florida.
- We found out he has vision and dental insurance until the end of May, so we made appointments for the whole family, which makes for a busy month now! He has regular medical until the end of January next year, so that gives us much relief. (YEAH MESSA!)
- I have sent out a few resumes...we'll see what happens there. Of course, it's tough to know what to do with me if Chip gets a job in FL!
- Next week Chip will probably get calls from a tech temp agency in GR.