Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Conversation with a 2 1/2 year old

PREAMBLE
Sophia has been potty training for quite some time, with varied success. We have a little potty, and when we went on "vacation" last month, I bought a seat that fits on a big potty.

CONVERSATION
Sophie: Hafta go potty Mommy!
Mommy: Ok, babe! (sets Sophie on big potty with Tinkerbell seat) There you go! Let me know when you're finished.
Sophie: Mommy, LOOK! I pooped!
Mommy: (runs to bathroom. Sees Sophie standing on the floor between potties)
Sophie: Look Mom! I pooped on BOTH potties!
Mommy: (secretly shaking head and wondering where this alien spawn came from) Why yes! I see that! Why did you poop on both potties?
Sophie: Because I'm a BIG DIRL!

No argument there, I guess. At least I didn't have to clean up a diaper...

No comments: