Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hello again, my friend

Welcome back, Katy!


I've been meaning to write for awhile now, but I wanted to add pictures and I rarely get time at the computer that I can easily attach my pictures from, and I haven't really had much interesting to write about either, but I am tired of my blog pointing out that I only have three entries in July (and why do I keep checking back - do I think someone else will write FOR me?).


So...here I am.


We have had an eventful July, most of which I don't remember. Too busy paying attention to the here and now and keeping Sophie off the computer keyboard, from stuffing every piece of lint on the floor into her mouth, applying for jobs, and trying to keep my sanity while Chip was training for a certification.


I have been in quite a funk and I don't really know what to do about it. I take it back...I know something I could do about it, but I have no guarantees of things getting better. I had a little epiphany today with Sean's room, and currently I have 5 garbage bags full of his room contents that I will give back to him one toy at a time as I see him taking care of the things I let him have. That's just the stuff that was on the floor and not in its place. Of course, he's not totally to blame since his 4 cousins are visiting, but it needed to happen. He needs to learn to respect his own things before he can respect others' things.


Sophie is getting to be quite mobile, and tears stuff up quicker than I can put it away...but sometimes it's cute.


So, anyway, enough of the boring stuff (see why I didn't write before?). Here are some pictures that I have on this computer. They're old, but still cute!
Sean taking a "picture" of his photogenic sister.

Sophie enjoying WATCHING the silly string fight in NY in April (the week before Easter).
On her way to the swimming pool at the hotel on the way to NY in April. SHe is a bathing beauty, but I can't wait to show photos here of her in her new swimsuit that I bought last night. It was $7.50, and doesn't need a separate swim diaper (a new pack of those were on sale for $8.99 last night, so I feel I got a bargain!). Stay tuned...


Sophie enjoying lunch. Looks like Jes and Sarah were feeding her (I assumed this because of the skinny leg, but one could deduce it from the mess on Sophia's face, too!)

1 comment:

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Hey, Katie! Sending proof of my continued existance and interest in your blog! I have also found it challenging at times to find subject matter and/or things get too hectic and I don't post in a timely manner. It also feels sometimes like I'm talking to myself! No comments! But, I realize that others are busy in their lives too. Just so you'll know, I'm still here and I'm still listening! Keep writing...it's therapeutic! And-your kids really are adorable.
Love,
Your Friend and Blog Buddy
Lana!