Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ending on a high note

Three months since Fred has been gone. Doesn't seem possible. I keep a picture of him and Mom as my desktop background at work, so looking at it makes it seem more unreal, but comforting. He's making a subtle face that he always made, and it helps me remember some of the other funny (quirky) things about him.

Like his bathroom song.
his pride in his ..."wind"...
how he liked to sing songs (especially inventively re-worded versions) while he was puttering in the kitchen.
how he looked when he ate licorice.
how he would yell at the Jeopardy contestants.
his laugh - especially on of the last times I remember...laughing at the Colon saying Happy Thanksgiving on JibJab (I wouldn't recommend the faint of heart go online searching for it, but it was definitely Fred's kind of funny).


Just stuff like that.

And I still miss him a lot.

But I feel better when remembering those things. And when driving past the Civic Theatre...

No comments: