Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Fort Harrison

I just want to get this off my chest first...why can't I see a bunch of the pictures I posted? They were here the other day when I posted them - I know, I looked!
Anyway, I'll check in a day or so and if they're still not there, I will try to fix them. In the meantime, here are a bunch more.
Did I mention it's been snowy here? :-)
Well, there's never been enough snow at once that lingers long enough for Sean to have a snow fort...until this year.

This is the view from the front entrance (the first hole dug)

Sean is in the lookout hole (the moonroof?!?) - he's not touching the ground inside, by the way. I think he's standing on Dad or something - Chip is hanging out the back entrance (no jokes, please), and the Nerf gun guards the front entrance you saw above. Funny story about that gun. I just about broke my nose on it when I tried to help dig some of the snow out. That was the end of Mom's helpful attitude. But it does seem to keep out the neighbors!
The smile I so rarely see anymore. I'm glad he's so excited by the fort. He and Dad spend scads of time out there (and I'm glad I don't have to...much, anyway)


Hardly Iwo Gima, but Sean insisted on having the flag on top, so people would know it was friendly fire, I imagine

I guess if the gun fails, the car's snow scraper will do the trick at close range. I hope it's back in the car now, in case we get dumped on with white stuff while we're out and about.

No comments: