Saturday, April 21, 2007

Reminiscing




I was sorting through many old photos from our old computer today, and so I thought I would just post a few of Sean. He's getting so big that I forget that he was ever this small. He's hard to get pictures of nowadays because he's always making weird faces or too busy to pause for a pose. He gets a bit jealous of the photos we take of Sophie, but we took at least a few thousand in his first two years (I don't really think I'm exaggerating - wanna come help me organize and decide how to put them in a scrapbook?!?). You don't see a family resemblance between the siblings, do you?


Sean has always been good at being the center of attention. I guess that 's partly because he is/was so darn cute, but also because we had a lot more attention to give back then. As he's gotten older, he's always amazed us at how easily he picks up words and thoughts. Sometimes he talks so much like a grown-up, it's scary! In fact, I know he wasn't much older than 1 1/2 when he learned "ostentatious" and "condensation" and it wasn't much later than that that he knew what those words meant!

He got to be a bit stubborn (where'd that come from? says Katy innocently) around age 2, and although he has yet to outgrow it, I think this has been one of the most pleasant years with him...he seems to be outgrowing a lot of temper tantrums. He still has his days, but on the whole, he's just fun to be with.









I was going to post more pictures here, but I am having trouble putting them where I want to in the story, so I'll save my other reminiscing for another day. Sean's a cool kid and I love him more every day! I'm looking forward (with only a little trepidation) to knowing the man he'll grow up to be. Love you, Buddy!

No comments: