Monday, April 30, 2007

[with Arnold's inflection]"It's NOT a tumor"



With a great sigh of relief, we say, "It's not a tuma' ". Somehow that doesn't translate as well in the blog, but watch Kindergarten Cop and you'll know what I mean.
Saturday we went to the beach for a bit of freezing cold fun (forgot my camera, can you believe it?!?), and I took Sophie back to the car to feed her. We were done, but didn't want to go back out in the wind, so I let her play with car parts. She was enthralled with the clothes hook that pops out of the ceiling, so as she was standing on my legs, I was holding her under her arms so she could reach. Suddenly I felt a hard spot on her chest.
Of course I feel around a bit...luckily no more lumps (but, isn't one enough?). All weekend I fret and worry, and when the dr's office opens at 10am, I am the first to call! We've been there so often lately, I feel like Dr. Greg is close family! But, they let us come back again, anyway (unlike family, haha) - tonight at 5:40 pm.
Last week at the "oh my gosh she's having some weird lung disorder" appointment, Sophia weighed 16 lb 12 oz and tonight she weighed 17 lb 10 oz. Of course tonight they left on her cute jean shortalls and onesie. Did anyone know denim weighed that much?!? Just thought I'd share that little aside.
Long story short, and you smart people who read the title and first line know that my freak out was all for naught. Apparently, this is a "common" issue in infants. The doctor was very reassuring and glad to give us good news, and his verbatim advice on the checkout sheet: "Don't worry about the breast bud." (Please don't ask me what that is, look it up on WebMD or something!)
We're just SO darn thankful that she doesn't have cancer or some other terribly taxing disease (especially with the job situation and pre-existing condition worries!). We know we're lucky to have such healthy kids, and even more thankful to have happy, entertaining, and lovable kids! Thank you God, for the big blessings, too!

No comments: