Friday, September 21, 2007

Brotherly Love

Haven't been to Philly lately, but I have been thinking a lot about my brother. Don't know why. Probably because it's been a while since we've seen each other (since he's seen anyone but Kesia *smile*). Probably because I've been hanging out with my dad and doing family history stuff. Probably because I've been reading Trev's blog (The Next Thing, see link to the left)...
Anyway, my thoughts of him led me on a trip down memory lane through my photo box. Yep. I still have one of those. At least it's not a shoebox!

So I just thought I would share some of the memories with you. Not that I really have any TRUE memory of these events, but the photos are very familiar to me!

This is Christmas 1976. The first in the "new" house which I live in now...for at least a little bit longer. (and yes, Tena, the spelunkers seem to be visible in this shot! So typical, eh?)
This is in Holland MI at "Tulip Time". I'm guessing this was prior to the photo above...we look so young!
I'm not sure of the occasion, but I swear to you I was just asking my dad less than a week ago if he remembered this Safari toy set, and now I have a picture to prove WE really had this! Or maybe it was Trev's and I just played with it against his wishes...who knows? I just know I played with it a lot in our tire sandbox out back!
(footnote: please ignore the fact that I'm in my underwear. PS - Thanks, Mom (or Dad)!!)
Here we are in Storybook Gardens in 1977. We are supposed to be Goldilocks. I think Trevor was whispering to me that the bear was going to get me or something. But this appears to be before his lovingly vindictive years, so maybe he was reassuring me that the bears were fake.
Here we are going over Niagara Falls! No barrel or anything! Weren't we BRAVE?!? Trevor appears to have started his love for surfing earlier than I had remembered, and I my fear of the water! This was on our big trip to NY to visit my dad's uncle LeRoy. We went with my mom and dad, my aunt and uncle, who, perhaps weren't even married yet?, and the two of us in...oh, what was that car?...I think it was a Datsun. Yes, that's it. A tiny Datsun. And I do have a few sketchy actual memories of this trip - heat rash and chiclet gum from a gumball machine at the clothing store where my aunt worked. YUM!
I hope you enjoyed the memories. Perhaps I will get some more of these pics scanned and post them later on. Until next time...

No comments: