Monday, August 27, 2007

Try, try again

I've been trying for several days to get on and post, but for some reason I can't get signed in on my computer. I finally got the brilliant idea to log on on the laptop and I can write, so here I am! I even remembered to move my pictures over here! The good thing about all of this is that I can type while I'm relaxing on the deck at gramma's cottage (see July blog, "my last attempt to get in Jul;y news"). Sean is out on the raft with his cousins and second cousin, and Sophie is playing with her cousins on the deck. They like "Little People" and tht are loose.e new motorcycle Sean picked out for Austin.
We have lots of fun news:
*Sophie has tooth 3 and 4 (I count tooth 4 even though it disappears some days).
*Sean is still hanging on to loose tooth #2 (he refuses to eat solid foods anymore!), and has a couple more that are loose.
*We take Sean to his 1st grade open house this Wednesday.
*Sophie took 3 steps on her own Saturday (and I had Gramma Marcia and "Grumpy Freddy" as witnesses!). Now she just does this arms-out-and-dive move because she knows we want her to take steps.
*Sophie is an expert at drinking from straws and sippy cups. She is starting to wear 18 month size clothes, and she just got a HUGE delivery of outgrown clothes from her cousin Eileen, so we are very excited. We did a lot of "shopping" through the bags, and were even able to give some to cousin Aubrey, too, since she's such a little peanut and wears the same or smaller size as Sophie. AND there were a couple of duplicate outfits (don't ask me how) so they can dress up like twins. That will REALLY confuse people! st
*Sophie's getting really good at climbing stairs, and is very curious about getting back down. I usually just take her arms and let her walk down with me, but she seems to really want to go down head-first on her knees! Good thing we don't have any steps at home...at least that she can reach since the baby gate is up. :)
*Chip is taking his PMI test next week Thursday. He's studying hard, and now that it's only a week away, that's about ALL he's doing. I think he may take some time off this weekend to enjoy the holiday, but other than that, we're trying to stay out of his hair.
*I THINK I start a job this week. It's through a temp agency and they haven't gotten back to me on details, but I'm fairly certain things will work out. Otherwise, I've applied for a few other jobs that I would like, too. As long as Chip can find work in this area.

No comments: